Do you know how DNA is connected?
The Structure and Function of DNA Quiz
0 of 13 Questions completed
You have already completed this quiz. You cannot start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 13 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Correct 4 / 4 PointsIncorrect / 4 Points
A is a small section of DNA on a chromosome. Each codes for a particular sequence of , to make a specific .
Base pairs of DNA are joined by weak bonds.
DNA can be extracted from fruit. Put the following steps in order from start to finish.
- Gently stir the mixture in the beaker for 30 seconds
- Wait for one minute and then observe the DNA from the side of the test tube
- Pour 10cm³ of the filtrate into a test tube and slowly add 5cm³ of ethanol
- Add the mashed strawberries to a beaker containing 100cm³ of water, 3g of salt and 10cm³ of washing up liquid
- filter the mixture using filter paper and a funnel
- Take 50g of strawberries and mash them using a pestle and mortar
DNA is a genetic code which gives instructions to which sub-cellular structure in order to make specific proteins?CorrectIncorrect
DNA molecules are very long and coiled up into which structures?CorrectIncorrect
Mitosis, meiosis, 2, 4, different, identical, haploid, diploid, gametes
During there are daughter cells produced. These are known as and they are genetically . The daughter cells are meaning they only contain half of the genes found in a typical human cell.
In which sub-cellular structure is DNA found?CorrectIncorrect
Drag and drop to match the base pairs which form DNA
Strands of DNA are connected by pairs of substances called ….CorrectIncorrect
Correct 5 / 5 PointsIncorrect / 5 Points
- The complimentary base pairs which join the two strands of DNA are attached at opposite ends to a and each one is attached to a group.
- Each group is in turn, attached to another creating a chain of monomers known as a .
- These two substances form the backbone of DNA.
Correct 2 / 2 PointsIncorrect / 2 Points
DNA has a particularly distinctive shape, known as a double since it is made up of separate strands.
When extracting DNA from fruit, each step/ingredient has its own role. Drag and drop to match the descriptions to the roles of these steps/ingredients.
- Pestle and mortar
- Breaks down the cell's membranes
- Breaks down the cell wall
- Clumps the DNA
- Precipitates the DNA out of solution
Washing-up liquid is one type of detergent
Which term do we use to describe the entire DNA of an individual?CorrectIncorrect