Do you know the role of FSH in the menstrual cycle?
Hormones and The Menstrual Cycle Quiz
0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed this quiz. You cannot start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Retroactive, ovulation, clomifene, reproductive
Complete the statement: Sometimes couples are unable to have children and we can use assisted technology (ART) to help them. therapy is used where women do not regularly release eggs, this involves using a drug to increase the concentration of FSH and LH in the blood.
Oestrogen, progesterone, FSH, LH, ovulation, fertilisation, vagina, uterus
Complete the statement about IVF:
- During in vitro , a woman will receive and to trigger maturation and release of eggs from the ovaries.
- Eggs and sperm are collected and combined to allow .
- Healthy embryos are placed in the .
Place these steps in order to explain the interactions between hormones in the menstrual cycle.
- LH is released from the pituitary gland
- FSH triggers the ovaries to make oestrogen
- Progesterone is released from the ovary
- Oestrogen stops the release of FSH
- Progesterone stops the release of FSH and LH
- FSH is released by the pituitary gland
Testosterone, oestrogen, FSH, IVF, menstruation, progesterone, ovulation, uterus
The hormones and control the menstrual cycle. Rising levels of these hormones cause the lining to thicken, falling levels cause it to become thinner and trigger .
What happens when levels of progesterone fall if an egg is not implanted?CorrectIncorrect
What term do we use to describe the release of an egg from the ovary?CorrectIncorrect
Pituitary, adrenal, occidental, ovaries
Complete the sentences:
- Oestrogen and progesterone are produced in the .
- FSH and LH are produced in the gland
Which of the following effects are caused by the release of progesterone?CorrectIncorrect
Which of the following is the role of follicle stimulating hormone (FSH)?CorrectIncorrect
Which of the following is the role of luteinising hormone (LH)?CorrectIncorrect