Do you know how the immune system works?
The Immune System and Antibiotics Quiz
0 of 14 Questions completed
You have already completed this quiz. You cannot start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 14 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Which definition matches the term disease:CorrectIncorrect
If a person has a disease they may be more susceptible to another disease. Which of the following reasons could explain why this is true?CorrectIncorrect
What is the role of physical barriers and chemical defences?CorrectIncorrect
Which of the following are chemical defences against pathogens?CorrectIncorrect
Lysozymes are enzymes found in tears and saliva which damage bacterial cell walls
Which of the following are physical barriers stopping pathogens from entering the body?CorrectIncorrect
Antigens, antibiotics, antibodies
Complete the sentence: Pathogens have on their surface and the immune system uses them to tell if something has come from outside of the body.
Antigens, antibiotics, antibodies, lymphocytes, phagocytes
Correct 2 / 2 PointsIncorrect / 2 Points
Complete the sentence:
White blood cells called have molecules on their surfaces called .
Place the following statements in the correct order:
- Some lymphocytes eject antibodies which stick to the antigens of pathogens and destroy them
- Other lymphocytes stay in the blood and as memory lymphocytes ready to attack the pathogen if it enters the body again)
- A pathogen enters the body and bypasses the physical and chemical defences
- Activated Lymphocytes divide to make clones
- The lymphocytes with antibodies that match the shape of the antigens on the pathogens are activated
Which process do we use to cause artificial immunity to a pathogen, by exposing someone to an inactive form of the pathogen.CorrectIncorrect
Which of the following types of pathogens can antibiotics be used on?CorrectIncorrect
How do antibiotics work?CorrectIncorrect
Drag and drop to match the process to stages of drug development
- Animal testing and testing cells and tissues
- Testing healthy people in a small trial and testing lots of people with the disease
Which of the following is only tested in the clinical stage?CorrectIncorrect
Which of the following are tested during both the pre-clinical and clinical stages?CorrectIncorrect